Job ID: 303944
Physical Therapist - PACE
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Therapist-Physical-PACE - Restorative Therapy - PRN,Day - Genesys PACE Center - Flint,MI
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Genesys Health System-MI, you will have the opportunity toEvaluates and conducts medically prescribed physical therapy treatment programs.
- Performs initial and on-going assessments of patient's condition.
- Establishes, revises and evaluates a plan of care which is appropriate to problems identified and involves the patient/family.
- Performs therapy interventions utilizing standard physical therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the condition of the patient.
- Oversees activities of physical therapy assistants, students and other support personnel.
- The physical therapist evaluates and assesses participants to determine mobility level and other functional abilities. Provides and recommends therapeutic exercise, gait training, ambulation, etc. Works under the direct and indirect supervision of the Center Manager or designee but is independent in the application of advanced physical therapy knowledge and skills. Plans and develops group exercise programs for maintenance therapy for participants. Responsible for the overall physical therapy program at Genesys PACE of Genesee County.
- Conducts initial assessment and periodic reassessment (minimally every 6 months) of all participants' physical condition and functional status. Assessments must be completed prior to scheduled team meeting. Communicate participants' changes to team.
- Develops Plan of Care, develops treatment programs when indicated, sets goals and provides treatment. Records and signs treatments in participants' chart, records, signs and dates Progress notes.
- Coordination of 24 hour care delivery. Provides training to family members, friends, and Genesys PACE of Genesee County staff members for those parts of the treatment plan that can be carried out by them.
- Provides supervision to program aides and other staff who are implementing a Physical Therapy treatment program.
- Assesses the need for adaptive and durable medical equipment, specialized shoes, and prosthesis and makes recommendations to the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Actively functions as member of Interdisciplinary Team, and participates in case conferences. Attends staff meetings and takes part in participant care planning. Communicates any changes in participant condition to team members. Demonstrates active participation in QI processes.
- Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Basic Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1.5 Months (45 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Drivers License credentialed from the Michigan Secretary of State . Use of reliable vehicle required.
- Licensed Rehab Therapist specializing in Physical Therapy (RPT) credentialed from the Michigan Board of Physical Therapy .
- One or more of the following:
- Valid Automobile Insurance credentialed from the Auto Owners Insurance obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Requires liability limits of at least $100,000/$300,000 required.
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- Requires Bachelor's Degree in Physical Therapy if obtained prior to the year 2000 If obtained after the year 2000, then Master's Degree in Physical Therapy and Requires 1 year experience working with the frail elderly population. Demonstrates clinical competency with geriatric population. Only act within the scope of his or her authority to practice. Meet a standardized set of competencies for the specific position description established by Genesys PACE of Genesee County and approved by CMS before working independently. Be medically cleared for communicable diseases and have all immunizations up-to-date before engaging in direct participant contact
Equal Employment Opportunity
(HEALTH MINISTRY) participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.