Job ID: 304680
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Therapist-Respiratory-Reg - Respiratory Care 001 - PRN, Rotating - TN - DeKalb Hospital - Smithville, TN
Why Join Ascension?
Saint Thomas Health, a member of Ascension, is the leading faith-based health care system in Tennessee and is a part of Ascension, the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system. We are committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable.
What Saint Thomas Health has to offer:
Power of Purpose:
For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients. Our innovative spirit impacts and influences the community that we serve.
Culture of Teamwork:
We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team.
By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
Saint Thomas Health provides a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
We are a progressive, stable company with 120 years of experience in delivering world-class personalized care. At Saint Thomas Health, we are actively trying new solutions to help overcome some of healthcare’s toughest challenges.
About Saint Thomas:
- At Saint Thomas Health, you will have the most innovative tools and procedures to give our patients the absolute best care. This is a FUN and collaborative team environment working to promote the best plan of care for each patient.
- Tennessee’s beautiful Upper Cumberland Region includes the towns of McMinnville, Woodbury, Smithville, Sparta and Cookeville in the state’s north central area. Populated with beautiful mountains, many waterfalls, three major lakes and winding rivers, this area is perfect for outdoors enthusiasts. World-class fishing, championship golf, miles of horseback trails and multiple state parks, plus a wine trail, well-developed music heritage and historic downtown squares can be found throughout the region.
- Hickman County, Tennessee, just southwest of Nashville, is part of the Greater Nashville Metro area, offering a beautiful, peaceful rural setting. The county is bisected by the Duck River and the famous Natchez Trace Parkway, and populated with acres of open forest, country roads and opportunities for canoeing and fishing.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Saint Thomas Health Svcs-TN, you will have the opportunity toProvides evaluation of and care for patients with respiratory insufficiencies.
- Assesses patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment and develops a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Implements and monitors patient care plan and equipment. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition. Performs advanced respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluates respiratory practice, administration of medications, and treatment based on patient outcome.
- Educates the patient and family about the health condition and provides information about community support groups and other available programs.
- Responds to emergency resuscitation team code.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS (Basic Life Support) Provider credentialed card from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained 90 days prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Respiratory Therapist specializing in Registered credentialed from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Respiratory Therapist credentialed from the Tennessee Board of Respiratory Care obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.
No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Saint Thomas Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)