Job ID: 307360
Director of Contract Design - Facilities
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Director of Contract Design - Facilities - Office Operations - Full-Time, Days - Woodland Drive - Indianapolis, IN
Why Join Ascension?
The Resource Group, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ascension, is a business transformation services organization that specializes in non-payroll spend management. Through the Integrated Change Management Model, The Resource Group delivers value through change management, operations and logistics, sourcing and contracting, analytics, and continuous process improvement.
This model challenges the status quo by:
- Developing an innovative new approach to contracting, where practicing caregivers from our Participants guide all decision-making, and products and services are contracted for based on attributes rather than brand preference
- Standardizing and optimizing operations and logistics by closing warehouses, improving inventory management, and improving operational key performance indicators
- Elevating resource and supply management from the basement to the boardroom by recruiting top talent from a multitude of industries beyond healthcare
From FY14 to FY18, The Resource Group has achieved an incremental annual saving of approximately $102M through Therapeutic Affinity Group initiatives. While these efforts will continue to be supported, we must also begin to identify additional clinical opportunities to support the Ascension Clinical Variation efforts that requires the delivery of $400M in savings.
This success enabled The Resource Group to expand outside of Ascension to serve all healthcare systems looking to decrease non-payroll expenses and increase operational efficiencies. Today, The Resource Group serves 2,500 locations including 160 acute care hospitals across 24 states and Washington D.C.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with The Resource Group, you will have the opportunity to direct the design, development and implementation of policies, procedures and strategies for contracts and contract performance.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures which guide and direct national contract compliance and performance.
- Direct and manage staff to include assignment of work, evaluating, coaching, hiring and terminating.
- Collaborate with leaders on contract strategy and the evalulation and implementation of contracted products and services.
- Oversee the review and evaluation of contracting processes and compliance with accrediting and regulatory agency requirements.
- Develop, implement and monitor skills development programs to ensure that sourcing managers are developing skills required to effectively execute their responsibilities.
- Achieve a competitive advantage in total cost, quality, technology and supply continuity.
- Ensure that consistent and defendable sourcing strategies and supporting supply chain processes are in place and properly administered in compliance with all regulations and policies.
- Develop and implement category management programs for key segments of external spend, as well as Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) programs for key suppliers.
- Identify, develop, implement and monitor opportunities for process improvement and value creation initiatives.
- Review and analyze sourcing data, market trends, benchmarking best practices, and maintain market awareness to provide continuous improvements for sourcing strategies.
- Develop and facilitate collaborative working relationships with Finance, Contract Design and Implementation teams through communications and timely reporting of changes in critical business matters.
- Provide regular updates on category strategies and SRM programs, including key performance metrics and status of process improvement initiatives.
- Develop strategies to address changing business priorities to identify and recommend changes in programs and policies that drive achievement of performance objectives.
- Direct activities of sourcing managers in development and execution of sourcing strategies and supporting supply chain processes for supplies, services and equipment consistent with end user requirements for quality, quantity and function, assuring maximum leverage of Ascension Health’s collective purchasing power and exercising sound business judgment.
- Identify and develop key initiatives into strategies and strategies into results, including monitoring success of implementation.
- Provide leadership through innovation and contract design, striving to have the most respected, credible and effective contracting processes in the industry.
- Responsible for development of the related technology platform strategy, guiding the deployment and providing education on the appropriate uses in order to drive cost and process improvements for Participants in the assigned areas.
- Develop and maintain executive relationships with Facilities Resource Group; Healthcare, University and Industry Participants; 3rd party consultants; engineers; contractors; and sub-contractors.
- Apply project management techniques throughout the contracting process and communicate with associates and vendors about opportunities, timelines and awards.
- Ensure appropriate management concepts, techniques, and tools.
- Develop and support efficient management of project timelines, budgets, schedules and controls.
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's Level Degree.
- Preferred candidate would have/or be near completion of a Masters Project Management (MPM); Masters in Engineering Management (MEM); Masters in Construction Management (MCM); or Masters in IT Engineering (MITM).
- Ten to fifteen years of construction related contracting, project management, consulting, and/or business development management experience.
- Fifteen plus year demonstrated track record in providing effective leadership in a large scale multi site environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.