Job ID: 307163
Registered Nurse - Medical / Surgical
Amsterdam, New York
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Registered Nurse - Medical / Surgical - Medical Surgical Maria Hall - FT Days - St Mary's Hospital - Amsterdam, NY
Why Join Ascension?
Since its beginning in 1903, St. Mary's in Amsterdam, NY, part of Ascension, has provided compassionate care to the patients it serves giving special attention to the poor and vulnerable populations in the area including Amsterdam and the surrounding areas which sit at the feet of the majestic Adirondack Mountains. Patients, physicians and associates prefer us because of our reputation for excellence and service, and our commitment to safety and quality. Our Catholic health ministry is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care, which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities. We are advocates for a compassionate and just society through our actions and our words. St. Mary’s features an award-winning acute care hospital, primary and specialty care centers throughout Fulton and Montgomery counties, more than 30 behavioral health services for persons in Fulton, Montgomery and Hamilton counties, a full continuum of physical rehabilitation services and a 160-bed nursing home. The organization has earned exceptional national rankings for excellence in medicine and has a continuing commitment to provide an exceptional patient experience. As a Professional Registered Nurse with Ascension St. Mary's, you will have the opportunity to minister to the physical, spiritual, emotional, psychosocial and cultural needs of our patients, family members, and hospital staff. As our Medical-Surgical Registered Nurse, you will be part of the single largest nursing specialty in the United States! You will be a valued team member who is making a difference in the lives of patients who are acutely ill or recovering from surgery.
You will become a member of an inspired Model Community of engaged associates. The RN Registered Nurse - Medical / Surgical provides direct nursing care to medical-surgical patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
What You Will Do
As a Registered Nurse, you will provide or be part of the following aspects of holistic care to our patients:
- Implement and monitor patient care plans. Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate.
- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provide ongoing patient assessment/evaluation that is age-specific & is reflected within the documented plan of care that is modified & individualized based on patient needs
- Document care as per unit standard; including proper use of forms
- Perform leadership duties w/accuracy & completeness; give patient assignment fairly, delegate appropriately, provide follow-through on identified concerns
- Perform medication administration procedures safely; utilizes all safety checks, document effects
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified BLS Provider obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the New York Department of Education obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Education & Work Experience:
- Associate Degree
Equal Employment Opportunity