Job ID: 307596
Lifeguard - PRN
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Lifeguard – St. Vincent’s One-Nineteen - Hoover, AL
- PRN Rotating
- Lifeguard Certification
- 1 year of experience preferred
Why Join Ascension:
St. Vincent’s Health System, part of Ascension, is made up of St. Vincent’s Birmingham, St. Vincent’s Blount, St. Vincent’s East, St. Vincent’s St. Clair, St. Vincent's One Nineteen Health and Wellness, and the St. Vincent’s Ambulatory Healthcare Network, which includes a wide range of services, from family care to home health. Together, we provide a special brand of personalized, compassionate care that balances high touch with high tech, meeting the needs of people in more than 40 communities.
St. Vincent’s One Nineteen Facility
St. Vincent's One Nineteen Health and Wellness located in Hoover, AL is an integrated approach to wellness offering a unique blend of medical, fitness, day spa, and diagnostic services for healthy living.
The St. Vincent’s One Nineteen Aquatics Center includes a six-lane, 25-yard exercise pool, a warm therapy pool and a 12-seat whirlpool. Our 92-degree therapy pool serves those with specific orthopedic limitations.
St Vincent’s 119 Offers:
- Swim Lessons & Classes
- Private Lessons
- Parent and Child Aquatics Class
- Kids Swim Club
- Swim Team
- Water Aerobics
What you will do:
As an Lifeguard with St. Vincent's Health System-AL, you will have the opportunity to guard the safety of pool users and responds to emergencies.
- Inspects aquatic areas regularly and reports all maintenance concerns and incidents of worn equipment.
- Explains pool rules and ensures the safety of those using the aquatic area by remaining vigilant and be ready to respond to emergency situations. Enforces policies; educates participants about aquatic safety policies for all aquatic areas.
- Assist the instruction of swim lessons or exercise classes as training allows. Report all incidents and injuries per department regulations.
- Conduct chemical tests and maintain accurate water test records and attendance records in accordance with health department regulations.
What you will need:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date. In lieu of BLS, American Red Cross First Aid, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Certification is accepted.
- One or more of the following:
- Certification specializing in Lifeguard obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Instructor specializing in Lifeguard obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate degree, or Technical degree required
- 1 year of experience
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.