Job ID: 308215
Patient Accounts Representative
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Patient Accounts Representative with Ascension Saint Thomas Medical Partners Revenue Cycle in Nashville, TN
We are located at: 300 20th Ave N, Suite 403
This is a Full-Time, Day position with 8 hours/day and start time varies.
We are looking for a candidate with billing, coding, AR, or insurance experience in a medical office.
Why Join Ascension?
Saint Thomas Health, a member of Ascension, is the leading faith-based health care system in Tennessee and is a part of Ascension, the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system. We are committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable.
What Saint Thomas Health has to offer:
Power of Purpose:
For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients. Our innovative spirit impacts and influences the community that we serve.
Culture of Teamwork:
We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team.
By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
Saint Thomas Health provides a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
We are a progressive, stable company with 120 years of experience in delivering world-class personalized care. At Saint Thomas Health, we are actively trying new solutions to help overcome some of healthcare’s toughest challenges.
About Saint Thomas Midtown:
- Largest obstetrical program in Tennessee, region and Ascension Health with 6,600 births annually
- 58,000+ ED visits
- State of the art, newly renovated orthopedic institute
- Newly opened comprehensive cancer institute
- Robust robotic surgical program
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Saint Thomas Health Svcs-TN, you will have the opportunity to provide initial contact for the public. Receive payments and allowances and perform data entry of payments, allowances and account adjustments in an accurate and timely manner. Handle inquiries, complete correspondence, accept private payments and post cash on a daily basis
- Review and process insurance explanation of benefits statements for accuracy. Refer debit/credit balances to collectors and refer credit balances for resolution. Review accounts on which credit balances exist and determine reason for the credit balance. Appropriately adjust the contractual allowance if in error, complete a transfer if a payment was applied to an incorrect account or request a refund if an overpayment exists.
- Report recurring insurance payment discrepancies and work with team to resolve. Identifyaccounts on which contractual adjustments are incorrect by working the daily credit balance report.
- Reconcile bank deposits to payments entered into the financial system in a timely manner to ensure accurate account data.
- Review accounts and respond in a timely manner. Respond to third party inquiries and work to resolve circumstances that create unwarranted debit/credit balances.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma or GED required
- Coding, Billing, AR, or Insurance experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.
No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Saint Thomas Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)