Job ID: 309092
Patient Care Technician (PCT) - CNA - Float Staffing
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Patient Care Technician 1 - Float Staffing 001 - PRN,Day - Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital, Warren Campus
Why Join Ascension?
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital, Warren Campus, you will have the opportunity to perform basic patient care activities to patients in assigned area.
- Assists with treatments ordered by physician and supervised by a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Assists patients with tending to personal care and activities of daily living.
- Reports findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
- Assists with keeping patient rooms clean and orderly.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the organization's core values.
- Displays ability to perform unit-specific skills based on unit competency validation process and department-required certifications to be required within department scope.
- Participates as a member of the multidisciplinary team. Provides clear and accurate information during hand off and rounds. Recognizes patient changes and irregularities and notifies nursing accordingly.
- Performs all other duties and projects as assigned.
Candidates with prior hospital experience or nursing students are preferred; come join our team!
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.
- HS or Equivalent
- High school diploma or equivalent required One of the following is required: Currently enrolled in nursing school or Clinical PCT/NA experience in acute care or nursing home setting for a minimum of 1 year or Completion of CNA or PCT program by start date or intent of graduation within 8 weeks of applying
- 6 months of related patient care experience in a hospital, skilled nursing facility, nursing home, or extended care facility preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.