Job ID: 309254
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Technologist-CT - Computerized Tomography CT - PRN, Rotating - St Thomas West D&T Bldg - Nashville, TN, includes weekend, evening and night shift coverage.
Why Join Ascension?
Saint Thomas Health, a member of Ascension, is the leading faith-based health care system in Tennessee and is a part of Ascension, the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system. We are committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable.
What Saint Thomas Health has to offer:
Power of Purpose:
For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients. Our innovative spirit impacts and influences the community that we serve.
Culture of Teamwork:
We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team.
By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
Saint Thomas Health provides a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
We are a progressive, stable company with 120 years of experience in delivering world-class personalized care. At Saint Thomas Health, we are actively trying new solutions to help overcome some of healthcare’s toughest challenges.
About Saint Thomas West:
- Comprehensive Cardiovascular Program
- Truven Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospital
- Truven Top 100 Hospital 14 Consecutive years
- Kidney Transplant Program
- Robust Robotic Surgical Program
- New 14 bed ICU in development in a 100+ ICU bed hospital
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Saint Thomas Health Svcs-TN, you will have the opportunity to perform computerized tomographic procedures for the diagnosis of disease and injury according to protocols established by radiologists.
- Prepare and position patients and select anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
- Prepare and administer contrast media and/or medications within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Observe patient during procedure and reports abnormal activity. Monitor protocols and recommends updates or refinements as warranted.
- Follow radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. For current incumbents as of 4/30/18, BLS required upon expiration of Heart Saver.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Radiography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.
No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Saint Thomas Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)