Job ID: 310844
Counselor - Behavioral Health (Eastwood Clinic)
Rochester Hills, Michigan
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Behavioral Health Counselor 4 - Eastwood Rochester - PRN,Rotating - Ascension Rochester Health Center- 34008 - Rochester Hills,MI
Hours will vary, but flexible.
Why Join Ascension?
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do
As an associate with St. John Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to provide behavioral health counseling services.
- Conduct patient assessment and establish therapy treatment goals.
- Administer individual and group therapy. Maintain thorough and confidential records of observations.
- Evaluate progress and effectiveness of therapy interventions.
- Provide patient with information regarding resources and therapeutic activities in the community.
- Assist in case management, outreach, aftercare, collaboration with referral sources and collaboration with health providers.
- Participate in clinical supervision as well as responds to acute care needs of patients.
- Maintain relationships with community resources, referral sources, agencies and associations.
- Provide health education programs.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified by the Michigan Certification Board for Addiction Professionals (MCBAP) required for substance abuse services only. Licensure/certification monitored by health ministry Central Credentialing office.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Licensed Master Social Worker preferred. Licensure/certification monitored by health ministry Central Credentialing office.
- Master's Level Degree
- Master's level degree required
- Two years of experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.