Job ID: 310273
Surgical Technologist | Calumet Medical Center
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Surgical Technologist | Calumet Medical Center Chillton WI | Full Time Days | 36 Hours Weekly with On Call Rotations
**Eligible Candidates will qualify generous sign on bonus**
Ascension Calumet Medical Center has been serving the communities of Calumet County and surrounding areas, reaching into Fond du Lac, Manitowoc and Sheboygan counties since 1956. It is the only hospital in Calumet County. The Ascension Calumet Medical Center Clinic is also conveniently located on the Calumet Medical Center campus. With specialty services in cardiology, OB/GYN and orthopaedics, we bring quality care close to home.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin serves millions of people across the state with 24 hospitals and hundreds of sites of care. Approximately 23,500 associates, including nearly 1,000 medical group clinicians work collaboratively to deliver compassionate, personalized care every day. Ascension Wisconsin includes hospitals, clinics and doctors’ offices from Affinity Health System, Columbia St. Mary’s, Ministry Health Care, and Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare. As part of Ascension, the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, in fiscal year 2015, Ascension Wisconsin provided $300 million in community benefit including care of persons living in poverty. We provide compassionate, personalized care for all, including those who are struggling. And we’re improving collaboration across healthcare in Wisconsin. We’re looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to facilitate the safe and efficient performance of surgical procedures.
- Prepares surgical operating suite with sterile and non-sterile instruments and supplies.
- Hands required and requested instruments and supplies to surgeon during surgery.
- Assists with preparing, transporting, positioning and draping patients.
- Maintains instruments in an organized manner and monitors and tracks instruments counts throughout procedures.
- Assists surgeons provision of hemostasis during surgery.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required. Surgical Tech degree strongly preferred.
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity