Job ID: 316028
Occupational Therapy Assistant
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Asst-Occupational Therapy - Rehab Services General - Full-Time, Day - St. John Medical Center - Tulsa, OK
Why Join Ascension?
Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talent and thought; while offering the support of a multidisciplinary team. We work to build teams that respect each other. A team that respects each other feels good. We are on a mission to help people feel good, patients and associates.
Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St John Health System, you will have the opportunity to conduct medically prescribed occupational therapy under the supervision of an occupational therapist.
- Implements an established treatment plan using appropriate modalities. Documents findings of patient progress. Seeks consultation as necessary.
- Monitors patient's response to treatment plan. Communicates patient progress and possible goal revisions to occupational therapist.
- Educates the patient and family/caregiver about patient deficits. Provides discharge planning assistance and information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and community support programs.
- May oversee the care provided by therapy 3-Technicians according to established regulations and practice standards.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Rehab Therapist specializing in Occupational Therapy (COTA) credentialed from the Oklahoma Board of Medical Licensure and Supervision . Occupational Therapist Assistant temporary letter will be accepted until license is issued.
- High school diploma or GED required
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. John Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.