Job ID: 315730
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), Full-time / Day
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Medical Asst-Cert - Trauma Surgery Support - Full-Time, Day - Sacred Heart Hospital Pensacola - Pensacola, FL
Why Join Ascension?
Thank you for your interest in Northwest Florida’s leading health care provider – Sacred Heart Health System.
Northwest Florida is a growing, family-oriented community, offering a mild climate, year-round recreational opportunities and beautiful sugar-white beaches along the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico.
As part of Ascension – the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system – Sacred Heart offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Our associates consistently give high ratings to their workplace engagement and leadership’s support for their well-being.
Sacred Heart was founded by the Daughters of Charity in 1915. While our technology has improved dramatically and the buildings have grown and expanded, our commitment to the mission remains steadfast: to provide excellent health care to all people, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. For our more than 100-year history, we have been blessed with talented associates who believe in our mission and are dedicated to serving our patients and families.
Sacred Heart Health System includes hospital campuses in Pensacola, Miramar Beach and Port St. Joe, Florida, as well as The Studer Family Children’s Hospital at Sacred Heart – Northwest Florida’s only children’s hospital – and Sacred Heart Medical Group, the largest network of primary care and specialty physicians in Northwest Florida. In affiliation with the University of Florida, Sacred Heart offers the region’s only kidney transplant program, as well as physician residency programs to train the next generation of doctors in internal medicine, pediatrics and obstetrics/gynecology.
To learn more about Sacred Heart Health System, visit www.sacred-heart.org.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Sacred Heart Health System-FL, you will have the opportunity to assist with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a provider (Physician or Advanced Practice Provider).
- Assists with treatments ordered by provider as supervised by provider or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- May document the provider's encounter with patients. Lists all proper diagnoses and symptoms, as well as follow-up instructions and prescriptions, as indicated by the provider. Transcribes patient orders including, but not limited to, laboratory tests, radiology tests and medications.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Allied Health National Certification and Registration obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the National Healthcare Association obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the National Association for Health Professionals obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Six months experience in a physician's office highly preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sacred Heart Health System is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Sacred Heart Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)