Job ID: 316779
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Rep - Billing - Radiation Oncology Anc 001 - Full-Time, Day - CSM Hospital Ozaukee - Mequon,WI
Why Join Ascension?
In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care – including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities – in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit www.ascension.org/wisconsin. We’re looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.
What You Will Do
As a Financial Advocate for Ascension's Cancer Care Department you will help to alleviate financial toxicity for Oncology patients for the Columbia St Mary's Ozaukee Cancer Center in Mequon by investigating coverage, benefits, and other patient assistance for medical costs.
Enjoy a flexible schedule working 8 hour days Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. No holidays or weekends!
- Confirms insurance coverage. Determines necessity for pre-authorization and obtains authorization for scheduled procedures.
- Determines financial responsibility for services to be provided. Notifies patients and/or practitioners of any services requested and/or referred that are not authorized by insurance.
- Communicates with patients and practitioners regarding financial responsibility and insurance coverage issues.
- Maintains detailed documentation in the patient account records of all activities.
- Prepares and completes claims for commercial insurance companies, third party organizations and/or government or self payers.
- Maintains detailed documentation in the patient account record of all billing activities. Maintains documentation of claims processed as part of the daily claims reconciliation process.
- Consults with appropriate parties to resolve billing issues.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma or GED required
- Three plus years Healthcare experience
- One year Oncology experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement