Job ID: 316692
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Sacred Heart Hospital – Pensacola is hiring a Phlebotomy to work Full-Time Flexible Hours!
70% of a physician’s medical decisions for a patient is based on laboratory test data. We are thankful for our hidden heroes who work in our laboratory and provide our healthcare teams with needed information to help diagnose, treat, and cure our patients. As a Phlebotomy Tech with Sacred Heart Health System-FL, you will have the opportunity to collect and process blood specimens for testing.
Why Join Ascension?
Come work for an innovative leader in many areas of healthcare! Since 1915, Sacred
Heart Hospital Pensacola has been highly regarded for its services to the community and
the quality of its healthcare providers.
- We are constantly growing- our brand new Studer Family Children’s Hospital is slated to open in by early May, which will have Siemens scanners which are the only ones in Northwest FL.
- Rated among the top 10% of stroke programs in the USA
- Rated among the top 50 hospitals in the USA for vascular surgery
- Ranked among the top 5% of E.R.s in the USA
- One of 11 centers in FL to provide specialized care to women with high risk pregnancies
- The region’s largest network of primary care physicians
- NW Florida’s only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- NW Florida's only facility to offer the most advanced non-invasive brain surgery – Leksell Gamma Knife® Perfexio
What You Will Do:
- Draws and collects blood samples according to policy. Verifies all related records.
- Labels, processes and delivers specimens for testing according to protocol.
- Maintains, cleans, and sterilizes equipment, instruments, and work area following safety, cleanliness, and infection control procedures.
- Assists with coordinating and conducting blood drives, including interviewing and screening donors.
- Assists with office duties such as OP orders, answering phone, faxing, and filing.
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
- Phlebotomy Tech certification preferred
- 1 year of Phlebotomy experience highly preferred
About Our Team:
Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we provide a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
Culture of Service: We provide opportunities for Ascension associates to serve in their local communities through our community impact and Medical Missions at Home programs. Just last year, Ascension provided over 1.8 billion dollars in free healthcare to the poor and vulnerable through these initiatives.
Appreciation for Diversity: At Ascension, we recognize that our workforce should reflect the diversity of those we serve. We offer a place of respect and inclusion for all associates.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sacred Heart Health System is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Sacred Heart Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)