Job ID: 316733
Registered Nurse (RN), SVNH-Castleton, Emergency Dept., (ED), PRN, Nights
We Are Hiring
RN-Registered Nurse - SVNH Castleton - PRN Night - Indianapolis-8602 Allisonville - Indianapolis, IN
7PM - 7AM
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana’s largest employers with 22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana. Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular care, women’s and children’s health, neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute care.
What You Will Do
The St. Vincent Neighborhood Hospital in Castleton has efficient, high-quality medical care. Convenient to home or the workplace, this full-service acute care hospital and emergency room is close to the Allisonville Road and HWY 465 exit. Our board-certified ER doctors and nurses specialize in treating medical emergencies in children and adults. Emergencies are hard; that is why we bring home-like comforts to the bedside. As specialized medical care is needed, you’ll have access to the St. Vincent health network. Giving you an exceptional patient experience is our priority. As an Associate with St. Vincent Health-IN, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date, ACLS preferred.
- One or more of the following:
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Indiana Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
- Three (3) years experience in an Emergency Department preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)