Job ID: 316834
Nursing Supervisor - Family Birth Place
We Are Hiring
Nursing Supervisor, Ascension St. Vincent’s Riverside
Family Birth Place: Full-Time Nights
Join our dedicated, highly skilled Family Birth Place team at Ascension St. Vincent’s Medical Center Riverside! As the flagship location for Ascension St. Vincent’s HealthCare, Riverside is a 528-bed hospital with a fast paced, exciting atmosphere and an ever-constant flow of patients. The Family Birth Place at Riverside, supports a 10-bed, Level 2 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) for babies with special needs and our Private LDRP rooms boast a homelike environment with a private bath.
As a Nursing Supervisor in the Family Birth Place, you will supervise and coordinate unit staffing and provide leadership while ensuring implementation of clinical objectives and quality patient care in assigned area.
- Assigns, directs, educates and monitors nursing and support staff during assigned shift. Contributes to or performs performance evaluations of staff.
- Assesses daily patient care needs and develops and distributes patient care assignments, ensuring that population appropriate patient care is given.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of patient care and identifies any issues that affect desired patient outcomes.
- Responds to complaints about patient care and manages through established channels.
- May provide input for hiring, training, directing, development and evaluating of staff.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Florida Board of Nursing.
- BSN, ACLS, NRP, & STABLE required.
- Minimum 2 years L&D or NICU experience required.
- Minimum 2 years charge nurse experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent's HealthCare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)