Job ID: 316632
Brown Deer, Wisconsin
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Pharmacy Technician - AW Rx Center 503 BrownDeer - Full-Time Days - WF - Brown Deer Campus - Brown Deer, WI
Why Join Ascension?
In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care – including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities – in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit www.ascension.org/wisconsin. We’re looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with WHeaton Franciscan-WI, you will have the opportunity to provide distributive pharmacy services and technical support for the pharmacist at a remote dispensing site.
Work schedule:8:45-5:15 Monday- Friday
- Refills and maintains automated dispensing systems.
- Prepares orders and maintains inventory for the pharmacy department.
- Repackages bulk medications.
- Receives and stores incoming supplies.
- Serves as liaison between pharmacy, patient and health professional by providing information as necessary.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Pharmacy Tech credentialed from the National Healthcare Association obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Pharmacy Tech credentialed from the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement