Job ID: 317123
Certified Pharmacy Technician - PACE Clinic
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Technician-Pharmacy-Certified - PACE Clinic - Full-Time,Day - PACE Center - Flint,MI
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Genesys Health System-MI, you will have the opportunity toUnder the direction of a registered pharmacist, fills medication orders (including making IV admixtures), maintains records, and performs related duties. Follows departmental and Medical Center policies.
- Package and label medications as required for dispensing.
- Compound creams, ointments, and oral solutions under direction of pharmacist.
- Sort and file patient orders, profiles, prescriptions and other records.
- Access pharmacy computer system to record information, run programs, print reports and labels.
- 5. Handle phone inquiries, direct calls to appropriate personnel.
- 6. Monitor medication expiration dates
- 7. Keep work area neat and clean
- 8. Maintain logs, records, other required documentation, and file in appropriate location.
- 9. Stock medications and supplies
- 10. Assist in training of new personnel
- 11. Performs other related duties as directed by staff pharmacist or pharmacy coordinator
- Inpatient Pharmacy-Specific Duties, Responsibilities: 1-Receive, direct work flow from window and pneumatic tubes; 2-Fill physician orders, medication carts, floor stock requisitions; 3-Process admission, transfer, discharge invoices; 4-Prepare intravenous admixtures, stock intravenous solutions, irrigations, other sterile products; 5-Uphold procedure, activity standards for clean-room environment; 6-Retrieve unused meds from nursing stations; 7-Process patient med charges; 8-Make scheduled med deliveries (runs) to point-of-use stations; 9-Enter charges, credits for patient meds; restock unused meds; 10-Complete, document med storage area inspections as assigned; identify, replace outdated, unusable drugs; 11-Fill carousel, perform routine maintenance on automated equipment; 12-Record, dispose of expired meds, IV's; 13-Check, replenish crash cart, dialysis, EMS box meds
- Outpatient Pharmacy-Specific Duties, Responsibilities: 1-Provide exemplary customer service; 2-Enter prescriptions into pharmacy computer system; 3-Receive prescriptions, verify that information is complete, accurate; 4-Use Telemanager system to process phone-in prescriptions, refills; 5-Fill baker-cells, perform routine maintenance on APS equipment; 6-Order, label, count stock of medications, supplies, enter inventory data into computer; 7-Receive incoming supplies, verify quantities against invoices, inform supervisor of stock needs, shortages; place orders on shelves; 8-Transfer prescriptions under direction of pharmacist; 9-Enter purchases on pharmacy cash register; 10-At point of sale, verify that customer receives correct prescriptions; 11-Scan prescriptions into pharm computer system; 12-Establish, maintain patient profiles in pharm computer system; 13-Communicate with pharmacy benefit manager as needed for prescription adjudication; 14-Transport third-shift employee prescriptions, back-up tapes to-from main pharmacy; 15-Communicate with prescribers to obtain refill authorization; 16-Assist pharmacist maintaining efficient workflow
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS--INPATIENT PHARMACY SPECIFIC: Ability to compound medications and mix intravenous products under supervision of pharmacist
- Minimum Qualifications-Outpatient Pharmacy: 1-Good customer service skills; 2-Proficient with MS Windows; 3-Ability to pay close attention to detail; 4-Work independently without constant supervision; 5-Accurate typing skills
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: 1-Intradepartmental, Medical Center wide mobility including transporting wheeled carts; 2-Lift, transport 30 pound boxes; 3-Remove, replace items from under counter and above counter shelves; 4-Ability to work at a laminar flow hood, vertical flow hood; 5-Basic math, analytical, organizational skills; 6-High degree of manual dexterity to accomplish medication packaging, preparation, handling pneumatic tubes; 7-Ability to use computer for work processes; 8-Effective communication skills with pharmacy co-workers, pharmacists, pharmacy coordinators, nursing personnel, ancillary department personnel using oral, written, telephone and computer
- Working Conditions: Well lighted, computerized pharmacy; working at computer terminal 10-25% of time; standing or moving about department most of shift; must travel to nursing stations; lift, carry supplies, equipment involved; possibility of finger puncture from sterile syringe needle during IV admixture preparations (can be prevented with proper technique); includes handling chemotherapy meds; exposure minimized by using proper safety equipment/techniques
- ORIENTATION REQUIREMENTS: Must attend Medical Center new hire and department orientations
- The above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification; It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or qualifications for people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify in any way, the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control work of employees under their supervision; the most recently dated job description on file in Human Resources will be considered the official job description
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Pharmacy Tech credentialed from the Michigan Board of Pharmacy .
- Certified Pharmacy Tech credentialed from the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- HS or Equivalent
- High School diploma or equivalent from an accredited program required
- Graduate of Pharmacy Tech program preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
(HEALTH MINISTRY) participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.