Job ID: 316875
Unit Technician - Alcohol Dependency
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Unit Technician - Alcohol Dependency 002 - Part-Time,Rotating - Ascension Brighton Center for Recover-34003 - Brighton,MI
This is a collective bargaining agreement union position.
Why Join Ascension?
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do
As an associate with St. John Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to under the direction of the RN, participate in the implementation of care management for the patient within their scope of practice and reinforce patient education as directed.
- Monitor milieu and patients, document and report as required and take steps to maintain a safe unit.
- Answer telephones and route calls as appropriate.
- Prepare medical records for new admissions.
- Transport and/or accompany patients or prospective patients in Hospital vehicle.
- Assist multi-disciplinary team as required in the development of patient master treatment plans.
- Take and document patient vital signs, height and weight.
- Monitor therapeutic interactions and environment.
- Monitor patient status as assigned by charge nurse.
- Make patient beds as needed or requested by supervisor.
- Assist in the collection of body fluid specimens.
- Prepare all appropriate laboratory forms/slips.
- Note physician orders.
- Assist patients with ADL (Assisted Daily Living), personal needs and belongings.
- Provide comfort, solace and support to patients and respond to call lights and/or verbal requests.
- Search patient belongings and rooms as assigned.
- Maintain supplies necessary for performance of duties.
- Maintains current knowledge of programs and explains as required.
- Complete documentation in a timely manner consistent with all policies and procedures.
- Measure blood glucose level via glucometer as directed by RN.
- Obtain peripheral venous blood specimens, labels, tubes and sends to lab.
- Conduct peer reviews as required.
- Train and orientate new employees as assigned.
- Acts courteously toward patients, visitors, co-workers and others.
- Respond to the needs of patients, co-workers and all other interested parties in a timely manner.
- Treat patients, visitors, co-workers and the public in a respectful manner at all times.
- Conduct facility tours as assigned.
- Accept direction from the RN on duty in a timely and respectful manner.
- Attend required in-service training sessions and staff meetings.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Comply with all infection control and safety policies/procedures.
- Comply with all HIPPA, confidentiality regulations.
- Assist Dietary, Housekeeping, Maintenance and Counseling Departments as required.
- Notify RN when leaving unit for breaks and/or lunch.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Specific Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Willingness and ability to immediately receive training in obtaining vital sign, previous training and/or experience in obtaining vital signs preferred .
- Ability to successfully pass department specific competencies during orientation period.
- Physical ability, with or without accommodation, to finger, grasp, kneel, lift up to 20 pounds, pull, push, reach, and conduct repetitive movement.
- Sensory and communicative skills, with or without accommodation, to feel, hear, see and speak.
- In-depth knowledge of the disease concept and 12 Step recovery programs.
- Ability to concentrate and to pay close attention to detail while performing tasks.
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands.
- Knowledgeable of computer systems.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required within 120 days of hire/transfer date.
- Must be certified or obtain CPI certification within 120 days of employment and maintain current certification thereafter required.
- HS or Equivalent
- High School diploma or equivalent is required
- Trade School
- Post high school training as a medical assistant or equivalent preferred
- 3-6 months of previous work experience in a customer service and/or patient service environment required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.