Job ID: 316992
Sterile Processing Technician
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Surgical Instrument Technician - Sterile Processing - Full-Time, Rotating - Via Christi Hospital St Francis - Wichita, KS
2nd Shift ( 3:00 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.) Must be able to train on 1st shift (7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.)
Why Join Ascension?
Via Christi Health, a part of Ascension, is the largest healthcare provider in the state of Kansas. The ministry operates a network of hospitals, home care services, clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, imaging centers, and other health services. We provide care in 22 cities; and employ approximately 6,300 employees.
What Via Christi Health offers:
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
- Compensation/Benefits: Via Christi Health offers a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Leading with Mission: Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide everything we do at Ascension. They are foundational to our work to transform healthcare and express our priorities when providing care and services, particularly to those most in need.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Via Christi Health, you will have the opportunity to inspect, assemble and evaluate all surgical instruments and instrument sets to ensure proper sterilization, completeness of set, and to determine need for repair/replacement.
- Performs decontamination of soiled instruments, sterilization containers and equipment according to established protocols.
- Inspects instruments, equipment and containers to assure cleanliness and proper functioning.
- Corrects instrument sets according to current standards and established count sheets and/or instrument tracking systems.
- Maintains proper levels of inventory to ensure availability for case carts.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Central Service Tech credentialed from the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM).
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Health - VIA Christi participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.