Job ID: 318106
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Athletic Trainer - Mad Center Orthopedics - Full-Time Rotating - MMG Appleton Medical Group1531 Mad - Appleton, WI
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin serves millions of people across the state with 24 hospitals and hundreds of sites of care. Approximately 23,500 associates, including nearly 1,000 medical group clinicians work collaboratively to deliver compassionate, personalized care every day. Ascension Wisconsin includes hospitals, clinics and doctors’ offices from Affinity Health System, Columbia St. Mary’s, Ministry Health Care, and Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare. As part of Ascension, the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, in fiscal year 2015, Ascension Wisconsin provided $300 million in community benefit including care of persons living in poverty. We provide compassionate, personalized care for all, including those who are struggling. And we’re improving collaboration across healthcare in Wisconsin. We’re looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ministry Health Care, you will have the opportunity to assess injuries and manage comprehensive treatment programs to prevent injury and rehabilitate athletes.
Additional Information: This athletic training position would work 4 days a week with a primary care sports medicine physician as a physician extender and five days a week as a LAT/CSCS at Oshkosh North High School from 3:45 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. ish. The LAT would need to have their CSCS or be able to become CSCS certified within 30 days of hire. There would be some event coverage associated with this position, however, not a regular schedule.
- Develops conditioning programs for injured and non-injured athletes to ensure safety in the program design incorporating nutrition plans and schedules customized to meet individual athlete needs.
- Designs and implements comprehensive training or rehabilitation programs to prevent injury and illness among athletes.
- Evaluates and manages injuries. Maintains medical documentation on each athlete and acts as a liaison between the physician and the athlete.
- Prepares athletes for practice or competition based on team schedules, applicable regulations and guidelines, and in conjunction with physician and sports performance staff.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Athletic Trainer credentialed from the Wisconsin Athletic Trainers Affiliated Credentialing Board obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement