Job ID: 319392
Medical Assistant (MA) - Livingston Urgent Care
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Medical Assistant 4 - Urgent Care Livingston County - Full-Time,Rotating - Livingston Ambulatory - 34050 - Howell,MI
10 hour shifts - including weekends and holidays
Why Join Ascension?
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Michigan, you will have the opportunity to assist with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician.
- Assists with treatments ordered by physician as supervised by physician or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- Maintains clean, safely equipped and adequately supplied exam rooms. Inventories clinical supplies and places supply orders to maintain desired inventory levels.
- Complies with CLIA, OSHA, Joint Commission and other regulatory agency standards. Participates in in-service programs as needed. Follows infection controls and safety policies.
- Arranges for all diagnostic tests, makes future appointments for visits, and makes referrals. Provides referral forms and obtains authorizations as necessary.
- Administers medications including injectables according to approved procedures and provider instructions. Documents administration in patient's chart. Collects and packages specimens for lab processing. Performs routine office lab tests, EKGs, xrays and other procedures as ordered. Instructs patients regarding preparation for tests and signing consent forms when necessary.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.
- Medical Assistant certification or registration required within 90 days of hire/transfer date.
- HS or Equivalent
- High school diploma or equivalent required Graduate of a Medical Assistant certification program and/or graduate of a certified EMT program preferred
- 6 months of previous medical office experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.