Job ID: 321610
Commercial Insurance Manager
St Louis, Missouri
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Commercial Insurance Manager - Insurance Operations - Full-Time, Days - Woodlands Plaza IV - St Louis, MO
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2017, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 165,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. Ascension’s Healthcare Division operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 153 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 22 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to manage, implement and maintain the policies, procedures and practices related to the organization's insurance programs.
- Evaluates insurance needs to secure optimum coverage.
- Assists with the development and monitoring of insurance policies, practices and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with applicable statutory, regulatory and administrative requirements.
- Manages staff to include assignment of work, evaluating, coaching, hiring and terminating.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- 3 years of experience required.
- Commercial Insurance Background preferred.
- 1 year of leadership or management experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.