Job ID: 322283
License Practical Nurse
Regular / Evening
We Are Hiring
License Practical Nurse - Geriatric Psych
PRN, Evening - TN - River Park Hospital - McMinnville, TN,
Why Join Ascension?
Saint Thomas Health, part of Ascension, is a family of Middle Tennessee hospitals and physician practices united by a single mission: to provide spiritually centered, holistic care that sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve. Saint Thomas Health is the leading faith-based healthcare system in Tennessee.
Tennessee’s beautiful Upper Cumberland Region includes the towns of McMinnville, Woodbury, Smithville, Sparta and Cookeville in the state’s north central area. Populated with beautiful mountains, many waterfalls, three major lakes and winding rivers, this area is perfect for outdoors enthusiasts. World-class fishing, championship golf, miles of horseback trails and multiple state parks, plus a wine trail, well-developed music heritage and historic downtown squares can be found throughout the region.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Saint Thomas Health Svcs-TN, you will have the opportunity to provide care to patients under the direction of a registered nurse or physician, functioning within scope of license.
- Contributes to the assessment of patients and assures the well-being of patients.
- Administers medications and observes patients for adverse reactions to medications or treatments.
- Performs laboratory tests and therapeutic services.
- Educates patients/families about disease treatment plan including self care post discharge, holistic health needs, available resources and follow up care.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse credentialed from the Tennessee Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma or GED required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.
No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Saint Thomas Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)