Job ID: 322454
RN Registered Nurse PRN - Maternal Fetal Medicine
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
RN-Maternal Fetal Medicine - Perinatology 001 - PRN,Day - Ascension Genesys Hospital - Grand Blanc,MI
SCHEDULE: PRN / CONTINGENT - Monday-Friday, Daytime Hours - Days & Shift Times Will Vary.
Why Join Ascension?
As the leading healthcare provider in mid-Michigan, Genesys has been improving our community's health for more than 95 years, and part of Ascension since 1999. As a group of affiliated medical campuses, outpatient centers, primary care locations including a network of 160 primary care physicians and ancillary healthcare organizations, we share a philosophy of providing personalized care to every person we serve.
What You Will Do
As an associate with Genesys Health System-MI, you will have the opportunity to provide direct patient care to patients with high risk pregnancies in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Prioritize the nursing assessment and intervention by determining the patient's immediate condition or needs. Implement and monitor patient care plans.
- Perform or assist physician with performing diagnostic and therapeutic procedures including genetic diagnostics, ultrasound imaging and select surgical procedures.
- Administer medications/interventions as prescribed and evaluates and records progress.
- Perform and/or monitor clinical research protocols to stay current with trends, technologies and advances in maternal fetal medicine.
- Work independently in performance of assigned tasks, meeting both internal and external deadlines with accuracy, quality and timeliness.
- Administer and interprets prenatal nonstress tests
- Communicate patient status as a proactive member of an interdisciplinary team to provide comprehensive care according to individualized patient needs.
- The above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification; it is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or qualifications for people so classified, and it is not intended to limit or modify in any way, the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified Registered Nurse specializing in Electronic Fetal Monitoring credentialed from the Association of Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN) .
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Michigan Board of Nursing .
- One or more of the following:
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Basic Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date. Or Certified Instructor.
- graduate of an accredited program of nursing required; BSN prefered and 3 years relevant experience required
Equal Employment Opportunity