Job ID: 322921
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Chaplain - Pastoral Spiritual Care 001 - PRN, Rotating - St Vincent's Medical Center - Bridgeport, CT
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent’s Health Services, part of Ascension, operates St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport and a number of other sites of care. Founded by the Daughters of Charity in 1903, St. Vincent’s is a mission-driven organization committed to exceptional healthcare for all with special consideration for the poor and underserved.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Vincent's Health Services-, you will have the opportunity toProvides Catholic pastoral care to patients, their family members and organizational staff .
- Performs pastoral visitation, celebrates Mass, administers the Sacraments, and conducts other Catholic religious rites as needed in assigned areas.
- Assesses and responds to the spiritual and emotional needs of those counseled, including crisis intervention and bereavement.
- Participates in an interdisciplinary approach to pastoral care and patient health.
- Documents visits and interventions appropriately according to the standards of the healthcare organization.
- Provide a variety of Christian and Ecumenical and other duties as necessary.
- Other Duties as assigned
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Chaplain.
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- Bachelor's Degree with additional graduate study relevant to pastoral care, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired Master's degree in Theology or Religious Studies preferred
- Previous experience as Chaplain or Catholic Priest preferred.
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to all hires including volunteers and students.
St. Vincent's Health Services participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)