Job ID: 323508
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
MRI Technologist - Magnetic Resonance Imaging 001 - Part-Time Days - WF - All Saints Hospital - Racine, WI
Why Join Ascension?
In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care – including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities – in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit www.ascension.org/wisconsin. We’re looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Wheaton Franciscan-WI, you will have the opportunity to operate a scanner to obtain images used to diagnose and treat of pathologies.
- Prepares and positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately to produce cross-sectional images of the body.
- Performs patient pre-screening, scheduling, and education related to the examination.
- Enters and monitors patient data, transfers images from disk to magnetic media to produce the transparency, and develops film in an automatic processor.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area and any other areas in department.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Magnetic Resonance Imaging credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. General Radiography is also required in addition to Magnetic Resonance Imaging. State Radiology Technologist licensure issued by Wisconsin Radiography Examining Board required.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement