Job ID: 322597
Assistant Nurse Manager - Operating Room
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Assistant Nurse Manager - Operating Room -- Full-Time, Days -- 40 hours/week -- Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital -- Rochester, MI
Shift/Schedule: Monday-Friday, 6:00 AM-2:30 PM. Some flexibility
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission: Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital is dedicated to enhancing the health status of the individuals and communities we serve in partnership with our physicians, employees and community members.
We are called to:
- Service of the Poor - Generosity of spirit, especially for persons most in need
- Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life
- Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership
- Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship
- Creativity - Courageous innovation
- Dedication - Affirming the hope and joy of our ministry
Our Vision: To be the recognized healthcare Employer of choice.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital, you will have the opportunity to assist with management of patient care activities and assigned staff.
- Assist and coordinate day-to-day operations of the department.
- Prioritizes and delegates tasks to unit staff.
- Completes daily staff assignments.
- Assists with development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Serves as a liaison between the manager, staff and other areas within the organization.
- Identifies and resolves issues affecting delivery of patient care services in a unit.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Possess and maintain a current State of Michigan Registered Nurse License at time of hire/transfer date required.
- One or more of the following:
- Must possess and maintain current BLS or ACLS certification as required at time of hire/transfer date.
- Associate Degree
- Knowledge of nursing practice and theory at a level normally acquired through an Associates Degree in Nursing required
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Three (3) or more years’ applicable Operating Room experience required.
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
- Experience as OR Charge Nurse or Board Runner is very strongly preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Rochester Providence Hospital is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Thank you for considering a career with Crittenton Hospital Medical Center.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.