Job ID: 323696
Patient Care Technician (PCT) - CNA - Acute Care Services
East China, Michigan
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Patient Care Technician - Acute Care Services - Full-Time,Rotating - Ascension River District Hospital
Unit Description: Ascension River District Hospital is a small community based hospital in East China, Michigan. This associate will work in Acute Care Services, rotating to multiple units within the hopsital including maternal/fetal medicine, emergency services, and telemetry. Our average patient to PCT ratio is 6:1.
Scheduled Hours: This associate will work three 12 hour shifts per week including rotating weekends and holidays.
Why Join Ascension?
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension River District Hospital, you will have the opportunity to perform basic patient care activities to patients in assigned area.
- Assists with treatments ordered by physician and supervised by a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Assists patients with tending to personal care and activities of daily living.
- Reports findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
- Assists with keeping patient rooms clean and orderly.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the organization's core values.
- Displays ability to perform unit-specific skills based on unit competency validation process and department-required certifications to be required within department scope.
- Participates as a member of the multidisciplinary team. Provides clear and accurate information during hand off and rounds. Recognizes patient changes and irregularities and notifies nursing accordingly.
- Performs all other duties and projects as assigned.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.
- One or more of the following:
- HS or Equivalent
- High school degree or equivalent required Coursework in Allied Health preferred Nurse Assistant, Phlebotomy, Patient Care Technician or Medical Assistant preferred Completion of CNA program preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.