Job ID: 323851
Nursing Supervisor - Senior Care
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
RN Spv-Long Term Care - Nursing Admin SNF 001 - Full-Time,Nights & Every Other Weekend - St Catherine Laboure Place - Jacksonville,FL
Why Join Ascension?
Senior Living and Long-Term Care Communities
As a subsidiary of Ascension, Ascension Living is committed to providing services, amenities, opportunities and support, so seniors can enjoy living healthier and happier, at every age and at every stage.
We’re the second-largest nonprofit system in the U.S. Our living choices include independent living, assisted living, memory care, short-term rehabilitative care and long-term skilled nursing care.
More than 10,000 adults live in our 54 senior living communities, which are located in 12 states, and Washington, D.C. Also, more than 5,500 associates are employed by Ascension – professional, compassionate individuals who believe in empowering people to age successfully.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Senior Living, you will have the opportunity to
Provides direct care to adult and geriatric resident/participants. Assists in the management, coordination and maintenance of an efficient, productive, and organized clinical staff within his/her assigned area. Demonstrates knowledge of and delivers care in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in the State in which employed.
- Works cooperatively and efficiently with departmental community leadership.
- Assists in implementing clinical services and programs.
- Effectively communicates expected outcomes, efficient work routines, and work procedures to the clinical staff.
- Assists with implementation and evaluation of quality of care including on-going auditing of Quality Indicators.
- Assures adherence to clinical policies and procedures within departmental guidelines.
- Assists with admissions, discharges, and transfers to assure appropriate care and compliance with State and/or Federal regulations.
- Assumes a community presence that monitors resident care.
- Oversees completion of clinical documentation per community policy, and State and Federal regulations
- Follows regulatory and community standards, policies, procedures and precautions in the performance of all job duties to ensure a safe work environment.
- Assumes responsibility for enhancing professional knowledge and skills through participation in educational programs and seminars.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need
- Valid license as a Registered Nurse in the state in which employed required
- CPR certification preferred for Assisted Living; required for LTC upon hire, or obtain within thirty (30) days of employment
Education / Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing required.
- BSN from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Three years nursing management experience in senior care preferred.
- Experience with current and emerging delivery systems with capability of implementing changes as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.