Job ID: 323856
Care Transition Specialist - Senior Care
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Specialist-Care Transition - Office Operations SNF 001 - Full-Time,Day - St Catherine Laboure Place - Jacksonville,FL
Why Join Ascension?
Senior Living and Long-Term Care Communities
As a subsidiary of Ascension, Ascension Living is committed to providing services, amenities, opportunities and support, so seniors can enjoy living healthier and happier, at every age and at every stage.
We’re the second-largest nonprofit system in the U.S. Our living choices include independent living, assisted living, memory care, short-term rehabilitative care and long-term skilled nursing care.
More than 10,000 adults live in our 54 senior living communities, which are located in 12 states, and Washington, D.C. Also, more than 5,500 associates are employed by Ascension – professional, compassionate individuals who believe in empowering people to age successfully.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Senior Living, you will have the opportunity to
As a critical member of the marketing and admissions team, this position works closely with hospital discharge planners, physicians, social workers, case managers, and management to generate referrals and ensure a smooth discharge process for patients transferring to an Ascension Living (AL) community.
- Work with referral sources (hospitals, physicians, social workers and case managers) to identify prospective residents.
- Obtain necessary information and documentation, review patient charts and plans of care, including medication lists, to ensure clinical appropriateness for community and to determine if the patient meets Medicare guidelines.
- Make decisions regarding pre-admission assessments, and interprets potential patient’s medical condition, and past medical history while obtaining appropriate documentation.
- Complete on-site hospital, community, and home visits to gather information regarding potential admissions.
- Communicate with hospital staff to establish a coordinated plan of care for patients admitted or awaiting admission.
- Coordinate the completion of the admission process and ensure that appropriate resources are obtained for a successful transfer, and provide appropriate information to facilitate continuity of care.
- Collaborate with attending physician to effectively manage the hospitalized patient and ensure that transfers are expedited as soon as possible.
- Consult and collaborate with physicians, hospital staff, and other professionals to provide clinical expertise, as appropriate.
- Act as liaison between hospital, physicians, nursing homes, other medical providers, and Ascension Living facilities to resolve problems, provide information and maintain positive relationships.
- Identify potential payer sources, establish primary payers, document demographic/clinical/payer information, and determine coverage availability for third party non-government payers.
- Maintain current contact information on existing and new referral sources, and prospective residents and regularly review and follow-up same.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of all services and resources provided by Ascension Living community, and knowledge of resources that are available in the community.
- Participate in and assist with marketing activities and events as required.
- Provide on-going communication with target referral sources including appropriate personnel at referring facilities, as well as, referring physicians.
- Market and promote community in order to maintain acceptable census and community profitability.
- Develop and maintain referral sources, and educate others about the company, increasing visibility and reputation in the medical community, and identify market needs and trends.
- Make regular rounds (on-site and telephonic) of referral sources and maintain continuous communication with them, and actively market Ascension Living services.
- Collect data regarding inquiries/referrals, pre-admission evaluations/outcomes, and enrollment for regular monthly reports for the Administration.
- Participate in regular admissions meetings.
- Attend management meetings and required in-services.
- Contribute to the admission process and protocol development, problems-solving and productivity enhancement in collaboration with medical and nursing leadership.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need
Education / Experience:
- Consideration will be given to healthcare professionals with at least five years of relevant experience and bachelor degrees in a healthcare or business related field.
- Prior sales/marketing experience in senior care and/or post-acute care is preferred
- Managed care knowledge/experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.