Job ID: 323657
Pharmacy Technician - PRN
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Pharmacy Technician - PRN, 12N-10pm
St Vincent Anderson-2015 Jackson Street - Anderson,IN
This Pharmacy Technician position is responsible for conduction patient medication history interviews in the Emergency Department, researching 3rd party vendor medication history information, and recording medication history information in the electronic health record. Come join our Pharmacy team and make a difference!
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana’s largest employers with 22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana. Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular care, women’s and children’s health, neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute care.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Vincent Health-IN, you will have the opportunity to provide distributive pharmacy services and technical support for the pharmacist.
- Refills and maintains automated dispensing systems.
- Prepares orders and maintains inventory for the pharmacy department.
- Repackages bulk medications.
- Receives and stores incoming supplies.
- Serves as liaison between pharmacy, patient and health professional by providing information as necessary.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Pharmacy Tech credentialed from the Indiana Board Of Pharmacy.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- None required.
- 3 years of experience (hospital or retail) preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)