Job ID: 323902
Pathologist-Speech & Lang (PRN) - PACE
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Pathologist-Speech & Lang-PRN - PACE Clinic - PRN,Day - PACE Center - Flint,MI
Why Join Ascension?
Senior Living and Long-Term Care Communities
As a subsidiary of Ascension, Ascension Living is committed to providing services, amenities, opportunities and support, so seniors can enjoy living healthier and happier, at every age and at every stage.
We’re the second-largest nonprofit system in the U.S. Our living choices include independent living, assisted living, memory care, short-term rehabilitative care and long-term skilled nursing care.
More than 10,000 adults live in our 54 senior living communities, which are located in 12 states, and Washington, D.C. Also, more than 5,500 associates are employed by Ascension – professional, compassionate individuals who believe in empowering people to age successfully.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Genesys Health System-MI, you will have the opportunity toEvaluates and treats patients requiring speech-language therapy.
- Performs therapy interventions utilizing standard therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the condition of the patient.
- Educates and counsels patient and family regarding treatment plans.
- Maintains clinical records and follows performance improvement recommendations.
- Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from speech therapy services. Provides information regarding appropriate support programs.
- Evaluate assigned patients as required to determine appropriate methods of providing therapeutic care. Evaluate, record and report patient progress for ongoing review by other members of the interdisciplinary care team and adjust therapeutic procedures accordingly to effectively address patient needs.
- Evaluate and treat patients with special attention to receptive and expressive language skills, speech fluency, vocal and oral motor competence, articulation, auditory skills, swallowing function, cognitive function, behavioral aberrations, etc., and establish an appropriate treatment plan.
- Actively participate in professional growth, development opportunities, keep current in field
- Performs other duties as required or directed
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Speech-Language Pathologist credentialed from the Michigan Board of Speech-Language Pathology .
- One or more of the following:
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Basic Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date. Or Certified Instructor.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Speech-Language Pathologist specializing in Speech Pathology credentialed from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Master's Level Degree
- Master's degree in Speech Language Pathology is required
- Speech and Language Pathology experience preferred, not requjired.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.