Job ID: 321112
Customer Service Associate
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Customer Service Associate - Communications 001 - PRN, Rotating - Westport Campus - Westport, CT
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent’s Health Services, part of Ascension, operates St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport and a number of other sites of care. Founded by the Daughters of Charity in 1903, St. Vincent’s is a mission-driven organization committed to exceptional healthcare for all with special consideration for the poor and underserved.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Vincent's Health Services-, you will have the opportunity to operate the organization's telecommunication system to answer and route incoming calls and to communicate codes, alerts, drills and other announcements.
- Receives and relays internal and external calls and provides general information according to protocol.
- Maintains desk directories, on-call list, reference guides and other associated reference materials.
- Operates beeper and paging system to contact personnel and code team.
- Communicates codes, alerts, drills and other announcements according to established policies and protocols, including disaster management plans.
- Greets and welcomes all visitors and guests in a polite and genuine manner, assiting them with protocols related to belongings, signing in and directing them to the appropriate staff/units.
- Maintains overall perspective of front desk area, is aware of visitors/guests and general activity. Communicates changes and/or concerns to security and/or nursing supervisor as indicated.
- Provides accurate information to guests and visitors regarding unit specific policies regarding gifts or other items that can be brought onto the units. Assists guests and visitors with locking up items, to maintain security, as indicated.
- Other Duties as assigned
What You Will NeedEducation:
- HS or Equivalent
- One to two years of related experience
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to all hires including volunteers and students.
St. Vincent's Health Services participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)