Job ID: 322918
Cook - Dietary
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Cook - Dietary 004 - PRN, Rotating - St Vincent's Medical Center - Bridgeport, CT
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent’s Health Services, part of Ascension, operates St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport and a number of other sites of care. Founded by the Daughters of Charity in 1903, St. Vincent’s is a mission-driven organization committed to exceptional healthcare for all with special consideration for the poor and underserved.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Vincent's Health Services-, you will have the opportunity to prepare food in compliance with guidelines and standardized recipes.
- Reviews menu and special orders to determine types and quantities of food items to be prepared.
- Prepares food in accordance with standardized recipes.
- Follows cooking schedule to ensure food will be ready at specified times. Confers with chef regarding modified diet preparation and use of leftovers.
- Adheres to Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) guidelines in the storage, handling and preparation of food as well as in the sanitation and maintenance of work area.
- Operate all equipment used in a safe manner.
- Ensures temperatures are monitored for safe food service and take corrective action when needed.
- Ensures stations are stocked to prevent running out of items.
- Responsible for proper preparation and food planning to optimize holding temperature and ease of services.
- Other Duties as assigned
What You Will NeedEducation:
- HS or Equivalent
- Must read, write and speak English fluently
- 1 year cooking experience required.
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to all hires including volunteers and students.
St. Vincent's Health Services participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)