Job ID: 323971
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Technician-Phlebotomy - General Lab Anc 001 - Full-Time,Rotating - SEH St Elizabeth Hos Oneida - Appleton,WI
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin serves millions of people across the state with 24 hospitals and hundreds of sites of care. Approximately 23,500 associates, including nearly 1,000 medical group clinicians work collaboratively to deliver compassionate, personalized care every day. Ascension Wisconsin includes hospitals, clinics and doctors’ offices from Affinity Health System, Columbia St. Mary’s, Ministry Health Care, and Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare. As part of Ascension, the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, in fiscal year 2015, Ascension Wisconsin provided $300 million in community benefit including care of persons living in poverty. We provide compassionate, personalized care for all, including those who are struggling. And we’re improving collaboration across healthcare in Wisconsin. We’re looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ministry Health Care, you will have the opportunity to collect and processes blood specimens for testing.
- Draws and collects blood samples according to policy. Verifies all related records.
- Labels, processes and delivers specimens for testing according to protocol.
- Maintains, cleans, and sterilizes equipment, instruments, and work area following safety, cleanliness, and infection control procedures.
- Assists with coordinating and conducting blood drives, including interviewing and screening donors.
- Assists with office duties such as OP orders, answering phone, faxing, and filing.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Certification specializing in Phlebotomy credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC).
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity