Job ID: 323550
Assistant Nurse Shift Manager - Emergency Department
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Regular / Night
We Are Hiring
Assistant Nurse Shift Manager - Emergency Department 001 - Full-Time,Night - Ascension Genesys Hospital HealthPark - Grand Blanc,MI
7P-7:30A M-F QOWE
Why Join Ascension?
As the leading healthcare provider in mid-Michigan, Genesys has been improving our community's health for more than 95 years, and part of Ascension since 1999. As a group of affiliated medical campuses, outpatient centers, primary care locations including a network of 160 primary care physicians and ancillary healthcare organizations, we share a philosophy of providing personalized care to every person we serve.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Genesys Hospital, you will have the opportunity to assist with management of patient care activities and assigned staff.
Responsibilities for the ED Assistant Nurse Manager:
- Provides direction and support to unit staff. Supervises admissions, conducts assessment of patient's needs, and initiates nursing care plans.
- Evaluates and documents patient progress.
- Facilitates planning, implementation, development, and evaluation of nursing programs, initiatives and objectives for the unit.
- Assists with development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Serves as a liaison between the manager, staff and other areas within the organization.
- Identifies and resolves issues affecting delivery of patient care services in a unit.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Registered Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Basic Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date. Or Certified Instructor.
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- Completion of an accredited school of nursing required; must have Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Health Care Administration or related field (or actively pursuing a Bachelor's Degree) required and Minimum of three years of relevant nursing experience with at least two years recent clinical practice in area specialty are required.
Supervisory experience desirable, ED experience highly preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity