Job ID: 323161
RN-Registered Nurse - Pediatric Cardiovascular ICU (CCU) - Dell Children's Medical Center
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
RN-Registered Nurse - Pediatric Cardiovascular ICU (CCU) - Dell Children's Medical Center, Austin TX
– PRN DAY--
Why Join Ascension?
Dell Children's Medical Center of Central Texas.
We’re Austin's FIRST choice for comprehensive care for our most precious children.
- Dell Children’s Medical Center (DCMC) offers our nurses the opportunity to work alongside and collaborate with some of the most talented, dedicated and skilled professionals in pediatric healthcare. Among our many achievements and attributes are certifications of the highest distinction:
- Level I Pediatric Trauma Center – by the American College of Surgeons
- Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – by the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Level IV Epilepsy Center -by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers
- Level I Children’s Surgery Center – by the American College of Surgeons
- Magnet Designated Hospital – (4th designation) – by the American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Pediatric/Neonatal Critical Care Transport Teams – Full Accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS)
It’s our home, and our heart.
Located at the center of Texas hill country --- just a few hours from Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio --- Austin offers an appealing blend of hometown comfort and high-tech care. Whether you are looking for a vibrant nightlife and live music, recreational areas and activities, family-friendly fun, or educational offerings, Austin is a city that not only calls to you, but gently encourages you to sit down and stay awhile.
With cultural diversity, a mild climate (and truly great outdoors), attractive and affordable housing options, and no state income tax, Austin is a feel-good choice for a rewarding way of life.
The way we connect, the lives we affect.
The Seton Healthcare Family is always looking for dedicated, talented professionals willing to share their hearts with those we serve. Being part of our close-knit team means performing to a higher standard, embracing innovation, while understanding the importance of individual connections. And continually collaborating, learning and growing to realize new levels of personal and professional satisfaction.
What You Will Do
Dell Children’s Medical Center, a Magnet designated facility, serves as Central Texas’ only comprehensive Pediatric Cardiac Care center. Our Pediatric Cardiac Care Intensive Care Unit (CCU) is a 24-bed comprehensive care unit with a state of the art facility and equipment. Our complex patient population includes infants and children, birth to 17 years of age, experiencing life threatening congenital and non-congenital cardiac anomalies and defects. This patient population may consist of children requiring cardiac repairs/procedures such as Norwood, Glenn, TAPVR, PAPVR, transplants, VAD and ECMO. We give extraordinary care provided by Board Certified Pediatric Intensivists, APRNs, RNs, Respiratory Technicians (including ECMO trained) along with support services such as Patient Care Technicians, Child Life, Chaplain Services, Social Services, and many others.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing .
- PALS/ACLS preferred-required upon hire.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred.
- Work Experience:
- Preferred 2 years Pediatric Critical Care Experience.
- Cardiovascular ICU experience Preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.