Job ID: 318445
Director of Technology- IT Products (Senior Living)
St Louis, Missouri
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Director of Technology - Clinical Admin - Full-Time, Days - 4600 Headquarters - St Louis, MO
Director IT Products – Ascension Living
The Director IT Products for Ascension Living provides leadership to align strategy to product and service solutions for Ascension Living. Ascension Living services include full Continuing Care Retirement Community, independent living, assisted living, assisted living with memory care, skilled nursing facilities, short term rehab, PACE locations, adult day care, and live at home services. It is a $500M company with 54 locations in 12 states and the District of Columbia.
Why Join Ascension?
We provide Ascension and its subsidiaries low-cost, high-value IT infrastructure and software application services that:
• Support rapid and effective clinical decision making
• Improve efficiency and care transitions
• Foster information sharing across the continuum of care
• Make knowledge and data actionable, leading to improved patient outcomes
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Technologies, you will have the opportunity to direct activities and resources of the Information Systems department. This includes advising and guiding relationship owner functions on key customer solutions to drive the long-term adoption of Ascension Living Products, ensuring proper product alignment to the needs of customers (i.e., patients, clinicians, and workforce), as well as the overarching product portfolio. You are responsible for developing an enticing business proposition to move onto standard products. This role is also accountable for product technical health, currency, ability to scale across the enterprise and total cost of ownership. This role will work across all areas of the product lifecycle, leading teams to implement, manage, operate, and optimize products and services from strategies.
- Manage product teams (e.g., product managers, designers, developers, engineers) and encourage teams to “Own the Product” and bring opportunities to life
- Leverage expertise of Strategic Account Management and Business Architects to build knowledge about AIS customers; interact with customers as appropriate to understand their needs and desires, conduct market research, and monitor competitor activity to identify market opportunities
- Collaborate with Product Portfolio Leads, Business Architects and other Product Line Leads to ensure comprehensive delivery of customer needs through product and service solutions
- Ensure alignment between product line roadmaps and customer roadmaps
- Maintain alignment with AIS technical standards. Support technology decisions and oversee the implementation, operations, and management of end-to-end product solutions, including strategy, planning, delivery, and operations
- Manage the profit, loss, and budget for the product line; continuously evaluate the product line and associated products through analytics and reporting; develop options to rationalize, improve, and prioritize with the overall goal of product line competitiveness and value to the customer
- Adheres to policies and procedures as related to all aspects of IT contracting and legal processes as well as all financial management aspects to include compliance, capital management, operating budget management and security and controls.
- Looks for opportunities to optimize the product line through analyzing total cost of ownership for Ascension Technologies
- Evaluates product line performance against expectations and influences changes to programs to improve competitive position and optimize performance
- Nimbly adapt, manage, and maintain products to delight customers and maintain a competitive edge
- Monitor customer satisfaction with products and initiate improvements/corrective actions as necessary to ensure customer expectations are exceeded
- Create and coach product team members by providing guidance and direction to deliver strategic and tactical results
- Develop and enforce standard processes and configuration guidelines
- Validate and test products / services when introducing to any customers
- Decide to retire product / service, understanding customer replacement needs
- Track and continuously assess product / service pricing and costing
- Frequent collaboration with other product lines to develop best-fit solutions for customers and ensure sufficient support for product offerings
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Deep understanding of current and emerging senior living IT solutions preferred, specifically Matrixcare Answers on Demand
- Deep understanding of all aspects of Continuing Care Retirement Community preferred
- Experience with product management and development methodologies
- Proven ability to write & clearly communicate with technical teams and business stakeholders
- Be a talent attractor and be passionate about developing the team for product innovation
- Experience managing profit and loss of a product line
- Ability to lead cross functional product teams with a customer first mindset
- Ability to communicate product concepts to technical product teams, as well as business customers
- Knowledgeable on business process and data analysis, functional design, modeling, product development processes, and software testing
- Ability to manage product managers and product owners
- Experience owning end-to-end products as a product owner and visionary
- Strong understanding of lifecycle journey for patients, providers, and workforce
- Knowledgeable on current and emerging customer trends that can be translated to healthcare products and services
- Experience developing relationships and working with health care individuals, including senior executives, clinicians, and healthcare vendors
- Ability to be a change agent, experience positively making an impact on organizations
- Ability to convey concepts and ideas to a Senior Executive audience
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 5 years of experience required.
- 10 years of experience preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience required.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Technologies participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.