Job ID: 325008
Arrest Authorty Security Guard
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Arrest Authorty Security Guard - Security 001 - Part-Time,Rotating - Winchester-473 E Greenville Av - Winchester, IN
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana’s largest employers with 22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana. Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular care, women’s and children’s health, neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute care.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Vincent Health-IN, you will have the opportunity to provide security services to ensure a safe environment for staff and visitors.
- Performs proactive monitoring of and timely responses to potential/actual security threats.
- Investigates, documents and manages security incidents and hazards.
- Maintains knowledge/follows policies and procedures regarding alarms and emergency/disaster preparedness plans. May facilitate planned drills and simulations.
- Provides information and assistance to staff and visitors to promote safety.
- Provides follow-up with local prosecution, law enforcement and court systems as applicable.
- Has authority to arrest for both felonies and misdemeanors under applicable law.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Certification specializing in Peace Officer obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Law Enforcement obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Security Guard specializing in Concealed Weapon obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)