Job ID: 321272
APRN - Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Trauma General Surgery - Seton Medical Center Hays, Kyle TX
Regular / Night
We Are Hiring
APRN - Nurse Practioner - Trauma General Surgery - FT, Night - Seton Medical Center Hays - Kyle,TX
Why Join Ascension?
When you join Ascension and Ascension Medical Group, you are entering a partnership where physician engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
Your practice will be supported by a robust practice management platform, proven administrative and revenue cycle management services and some of the most current and physician-friendly EHRs on the market.
Physicians benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
What You Will Do
As an Acute Care APRN with Trauma and General Surgery, you will have the opportunity to:
Provide direct diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventive health care services under the supervision of a physician. We are needing you to be available for a minimum of 2 shifts with the possibility of 3 shifts a month. They will be 10-12 hour shifts, mostly day but can be rotating night and weekends for coverage. You will work closely with the Trauma Surgeons on call.
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment via observation, interview and examination. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic studies. Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and patient care.
- Provides direct treatment and management of health conditions via prescriptive authority or referral to other healthcare providers or community resources.
- Counsels and educates patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options and community resources.
- Documents delivery of health care and nursing processes in accordance with specific specialty area standards and network nursing policy.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Nurse Practitioner credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing .
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing .
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Drug Enforcement Admin credentialed from the Drug Enforcement Administration.
- Master's degree of Nursing required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.