Job ID: 325033
RN Registered Nurse - Emergency Department (ED) - Seton Smithville Regional Hospital
Regular / Night
We Are Hiring
Title: RN-Registered Nurse
City, State: Smithville, TX
Location: Seton Smithville Regional Hospital
Department: Emergency Department 001
Additional Job Details: Full-Time, Nights
EXCITING OPPORTUNITY - Our nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. We work together to achieve a highly collaborative nursing environment that leads to more positive outcomes for you and your patients. We are committed to working together to create change. Come build this department with us and watch it grow!
SIGN ON BONUS AVALIABLE FOR THOSE THAT QUALIFY!!
What You Will Do
At Seton, we’re using the power of purpose to change healthcare for the better.
As a Registered Nurse in our Emergency Department at Seton Smithville Regional Hospital, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Care for the Emergency Department patient with a short or long length of stay in a fast pace environment.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- You will do all of this while contributing to mission effectiveness by promoting the spirit embodied with the Mission Statement: Service to the poor - Support the cause of those who lack resources for a reasonable quality of life. Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership. Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship. Creativity - Courageous Innovation. Dedication - Affirming hope and joy in our ministry.
Why Join the Seton Healthcare Family? Seton is a regional healthcare network made up of 10 hospitals that includes five urban acute care hospitals, two rural hospitals, the area’s only non-profit mental health hospital and over 100 clinic locations. As a part of Ascension, Seton leverages national resources to improve care on a community level.
- Get in on the growth of this department!
- Have the opportunity to interact with a broad patient population.
- Austin, Texas is currently one of the hottest places to do business and one of the fastest growing cities in the United States.
- At Seton Family Healthcare, we promote teamwork. Shine on your own, with the support of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ongoing support. Continuing education and training, tuition assistance, technology and more
- Professional development to build skills and opportunities to advance.
Giving back to the community is the core of what we do! Time and Time again our associates tell us how rewarding it is to be part of Seton’s founding mission to deliver the best care possible with dignity and respect for everyone we service! We call that mission HumanCare and it is how our associates make a difference in the lives of people throughout our Central Texas Communities! Don’t just take our word for it, come and find out!
Seton Smithville Regional Hospital is proud to provide you and your family with the latest advances in healthcare and technologies. We are committed to delivering excellent and affordable healthcare services, to keep pace with the rising expectations of our patients.
Located 13 miles east of Bastrop, Texas, Seton Smithville Regional Hospital is an acute care facility serving and providing inpatient and outpatient services to Bastrop, Lee, Fayette and other surrounding counties. Our hospital healthcare team have been recognized for awards and achievements including patient safety and quality improvement.
It is the mission of Seton Smithville Regional Hospital to promote the highest quality personalized healthcare, to be a strong community presence and to be the source for progressive diagnostic technology for the community. We do this by offering a healthcare team that is comprised of physicians, nurses and staff dedicated to returning patients to their normal activities and helping them live healthier lives.
Seton Smithville offers a comprehensive scope of healthcare services designed to meet the needs of patients young and old. Our facilities have been designed to provide a comforting environment that aids in the healing process. Whether they are undergoing a major surgery or simply visiting a friend, Seton Smithville Regional Hospital wants everyone to feel at home in our hospital.
If you’re looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join the Seton Family Healthcare Team!!
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required OR a bachelors level degree not in nursing, an active RN License, and enrolled in an Alternate Entry Masters of Science in Nursing Program with a minimum of 1 year in the program completed.
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.