Job ID: 324426
Therapist - Radiation (PRN)
Binghamton, New York
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Therapist - Radiation - Radiation Oncology Anc 001 - PRN Days - Lourdes Hospital - Binghamton, NY
More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It’s a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community.
Why Join Ascension?
Lourdes Hospital, part of Ascension, has provided compassionate care to those in need since 1925. In Binghamton, N.Y., the main hospital campus includes a Hospice Program, an Ambulatory Surgery Center, and a Regional Cancer Center. Reaching beyond these boundaries, Lourdes has established a network of primary care physicians at convenient sites throughout the region. The Mission In Motion program, which provides primary care and cancer screening services through two mobile medical vans, makes healthcare accessible to rural populations.
What You Will Do
As a Per-Diem Radiation Therapist with Lourdes Hospital - NY, YOU will have the opportunity to administer radiation therapy by exposing specific areas of the patient's body to prescribed doses of radiation.
- Position patients for treatment with accuracy according to prescription.
- Review prescription, diagnosis, patient chart, and identification.
- Maintain records, reports, and files as required, including such information as radiation dosages, equipment settings and patients' reactions.
- Observe the patient’s clinical progress and uses clinical decision making skills to recognize and report any sign of complications.
- Follow principles of radiation protection for patient, self, and others.
- Adhere to radiation safety procedure protocol.
- Safely and effectively operate a variety of computerized simulation and treatment machines.
- Perform & document daily machine safety checks, knows safe limits of equipment operations, and report abnormalities or inconsistencies to the proper authority.
- Construct immobilization devices and employs custom blocking techniques that are conducive to conformal radiation therapy.
- Utilize sophisticated imaging equipment and treatment planning systems for precise tumor localization.
- Work closely with the Radiation Oncologist and the therapy team in the preparation of a treatment plan that is customized to the patient’s needs.
- Perform simulations according to physician’s orders.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist credentialed from the New York Department of Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Renewal of NYS RT required every 4 years.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Radiation Therapy credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT). Renewal of ARRT required every 2 years.
Education & Work Experience:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
- Graduate of an accredited radiation therapy school.
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity employer, Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital (Lourdes) complies with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Lourdes are based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Lourdes does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Lourdes is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.