Job ID: 324101
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Rehab Therapist - Rehab Services General 002 - Full-Time, - Westport Campus - Westport, CT
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent’s Health Services, part of Ascension, operates St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport and a number of other sites of care. Founded by the Daughters of Charity in 1903, St. Vincent’s is a mission-driven organization committed to exceptional healthcare for all with special consideration for the poor and underserved.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Vincent's Health Services-, you will have the opportunity toDevelops and implements activity therapy treatment plans.
- Conducts patient assessments and establishes recreational/leisure therapy treatment goals.
- Evaluates each patient's progress and the effectiveness of recreational/leisure therapy interventions.
- Coordinates therapeutic recreational/leisure activities for both large and small groups. Observes patient response and encourages socialization.
- Provides patient with information regarding resources and therapeutic recreational/leisure activities in the community.
- Facilitates activity and therapy group based programming in accordance with patient's treatment plan and goals.
- Participates in planning processes and clinical programming based on evidence based initiatives.
- Work closely with attending psychiatrist and other members of the treatment team to initiate and implement treatment plan specific to the needs and goals of each patient.
- Other Duties as assigned
What You Will Need
- Master's Level Degree
- Masters Degree in therapeutic recreation, art therapy, movement therapy, music therapy, social work, counseling, or other related human service field and Minimum of 1 year experience in behavioral health particularly inpatient, required (internship experiences applicable.
Equal Employment Opportunity
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to all hires including volunteers and students.
St. Vincent's Health Services participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)