Job ID: 325086
Clinical Data Analyst
St Louis, Missouri
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Clinical Data Analyst - Risk Actuarial and Analytical - Full-Time, Days - Woodlands Plaza IV - St Louis ,MO
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2017, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 165,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. Ascension’s Healthcare Division operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 153 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 22 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to collect and analyze clinical data from multiple sources for the development of reports and statistical information.
- Compiles analytical and statistical reports.
- Formulates, defines and recommends scope and format of reports.
- Oversees provision of ad hoc management reports.
- Reviews information for accuracy and reconciles data on a regular basis.
- Designs and creates new analytic models for understanding varied datasets and is able to synthesize, analyze, and present multi-variate data in clear, understandable, and conclusive presentations.
- Identifies, organizes, and analyzes qualitative and quantitative data from multiple sources and synthesizes results, measurements, and key performance metrics into meaningful reports and presentations.
- Under the direction of analytic leadership, designs, develops and implements standardized methods for quantifying and clearly articulating qualitative information, including root causes, potential inflection opportunities, and solutions for issues relating to the data.
- Employs existing complex models and implements them on new projects and/or in new contexts, and s/he designs new solutions for data and analytic challenges the organization faces.
- Develops areas of expertise with respect to certain types of data and over time will manage increasing levels of complexity and sophistication in data and types of data, suggesting new tools for supporting decisions within our organization or with external stakeholders.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- Bachelor’s Degree from an Accredited University in data analytics, data science, computer science or related field strongly preferred.
- One year of experience preferred.
- Tableau experience strongly preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.