Job ID: 325653
RN Registered Nurse - Cardiac Telemetry
Regular / Weekend Options
We Are Hiring
Title: RN- Registered Nurse - Cardiac Telemetry FT Weekends
City, State: Nashville, TN
Location: St Thomas Midtown Hospital
Department: Telemetry Nursing
Additional Job Details: Full-Time, Weekend, 24hours, Weekly, Saturday & Sunday
What Saint Thomas has to offer:
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients. Our innovative spirit impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
- Compensation/Benefits: Saint Thomas Health provides a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
- Innovative Environment: We are a progressive, stable company with 120 years of experience in delivering world-class personalized care. At Saint Thomas Health, we are actively trying new solutions to help overcome some of healthcare’s toughest challenges.
About Saint Thomas Midtown:
- Largest obstetrical program in Tennessee, region and Ascension Health with 6,600 births annually
- 58,000+ ED visits
- State of the art, newly renovated orthopedic institute
- Newly opened comprehensive cancer institute
- Robust robotic surgical program
Why Join Ascension?
As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. We believe our people are our strength and we invest in them.
We provide Our Nurses:
- Staffing Support: We offer flexible staffing based on patient volume so nurses don’t get overwhelmed.
- Teamwork: Our open, highly collaborative work environment allows nurses to identify and share ideas across disciplines so we can all give better care
- Scheduling: From self-scheduling to flexible shifts, we’re implementing new ways to offer nurses more and better options.
- Learning: Beyond helping to identify areas of improvement daily, our nurses also get access to a wide range of learning opportunities and support.
Known as “Music City”, Nashville is the place to be to hear live music and is home to some of America’s most exciting music attractions like the Grand Ole Opry and the Country Music Hall of Fame. Nashville is the capital of Tennessee and approximately 2 million people call the metro area home. The city is a great place to work, live and raise a family. It has an abundance of amazing places to eat and outdoor activities; all with a touch of southern charm. Nashvillians can be found enjoying the Cumberland river or out swimming in one of the many lakes surrounding the city, attending a Titans or Predators game, or eating the Nashville famous hot chicken. Nashville prides itself in its education system and is often called the “Athens of the South” because of the amazing universities in the city such as Vanderbilt or Belmont to name a few. Nashville has more accolades than you can count, but several recent most notable ones include:
- Nashville was named one of America's Best Cities for Beer and Brewery Tours, and one of the 10 Best Foodie Vacations in America by TripAdvisor. (June 2018)
- Nashville was included in The World's Best Cities 2018 by Best Cities. (March 2018)
- The following categories of South's Best 2018 by Southern Living included Nashville: The South’s Best Cities, The South’s Friendliest Cities, The South’s Best Food Cities. (March 2018)
- The Nashville Predators were named The Best Franchise in Sports by ESPN. (October 2017)
- The Best Big Cities in the U.S. list by Cond Nast Traveler included Nashville. (October 2017)
What You Will Do
As a Telemetry Nurse you will care for patients with heart disease, complications of heart disease and/or heart failure, or other medical issues which require continuous telemetry monitoring. You will specialize in reading and monitoring the output of electrocardiograms (EKGs). You will monitor to detect dangerous changes in these rhythms and alert the doctor in charge. The Telemetry Nurse will also monitor other vital signs including blood pressure, oxygen level, and more.
- Monitors EKG output and keeps the doctor informed of any changes
- Responds to patients experiencing cardiac pain
- Performs various diagnostic tests
- Monitors vital signs including oxygen levels, blood pressure, breathing patterns, etc.
- Administers medication as needed
- Assists the doctor with various procedures and treatments for cardiac issues
- Educates patients on cardiac health
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Tennessee Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.
No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Saint Thomas Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)