Job ID: 325550
OT Occupational Therapist - Temporary/Seasonal - $50 per Hour
Temporary / Day
We Are Hiring
OT Occupational Therapist - Occupational Therapy - Full Time Temporary Day Shift - Via Christi Hospital - Pittsburg, KS
Experience in acute care, inpatient rehab, and outpatient preferred
8-4:30 M-F with occasional Saturday and Holiday
12 week assignment with option to transition to regular position
Why Join Ascension?
Via Christi Health, a part of Ascension, is the largest healthcare provider in the state of Kansas. The ministry operates a network of hospitals, home care services, clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, imaging centers, and other health services. We provide care in 22 cities; and employ approximately 6,300 employees. Via Christi Hospital Pittsburg was named one of the Top 100 Rural & Community Hospitals in the US by iVantage Health Analytics and The Chartis Center for Rural Health for the last 2 years in a row.
What Via Christi Health offers:
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
- Compensation/Benefits: Via Christi Health offers a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Leading with Mission: Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide everything we do at Ascension. They are foundational to our work to transform healthcare and express our priorities when providing care and services, particularly to those most in need.
What You Will Do
As an Occupational Therapist with Via Christi Health, you will have the opportunity to evaluate and treat patients with physical, emotional, cognitive and/or psychosocial deficits and work with a diverse patient population and experience a variety of clinical settings. A sampling of our patient clientele includes: post-operative care for orthopedics, neurological conditions, oncology, lymphedema, etc. Our Occupational Therapy department provides hospital based acute care services, staffs a 12 bed inpatient rehab unit, and has outpatient orthopedic and lymphedema service lines as well. As an Occupational Therapist at Via Christi you will work in a team environment alongside physical therapy, speech therapy, nursing, and physicians. We value working in a team environment with individuals who place the patient and their needs first. Our therapy team is special in its willingness to work together to provide flexibility in both work and home life.
- Assess patient 's ability to safely and effectively perform independent living skills. Design the appropriate plan of care, including type and frequency of treatment.
- Implement the treatment plan using appropriate modalities. Document findings of patient progress. Monitor and modify the plan of care as needed. Seek consultation as necessary.
- Educate the patient and family/caregiver about patient deficits. Plan and/or assist with patient discharge from therapy services and provide information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and support programs.
- Oversee the care provided by certified occupational therapy assistants and therapy 3-Technicians according to established regulations and practice standards.
You will do all of this while contributing to mission effectiveness by promoting the spirit embodied with the Mission Statement: Service to the poor - Support the cause of those who lack resources for a reasonable quality of life. Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership. Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship. Creativity - Courageous Innovation. Dedication - Affirming hope and joy in our ministry.
If you’re looking for a career where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Rehab Therapist specializing in Occupational Therapy (OTR) credentialed from the Kansas Board of Healing Arts obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Health - VIA Christi participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.