Job ID: 325905
Social Worker - Case Management
Regular / Weekends
We Are Hiring
SW-Case Mgmt - Case Management 001 - Part-Time, Weekends - CSM Hospital Milwaukee - Milwaukee,WI
Why Join Ascension?
In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care – including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities – in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit www.ascension.org/wisconsin. We’re looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Columbia St. Mary's-WI, you will have the opportunity to coordinate the overall interdisciplinary plan of care for patient, from admission to discharge.
- Creates plan for care across the continuum, integrating patient/family preferences and values.
- Monitors patient care through assessments, evaluations and/or patient records.
- Advocates for resources and removal of barriers.
- Maintains ongoing dialog with supervisor and other health providers to ensure effective implementation of health plan.
- Acts as a resource for adequate medical record documentation, appropriateness of services as they relate to diagnoses, and treatment options for post-discharge care.
- This position is Weekends Only
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Licensed Clinical Counselor credentialed from the Wisconsin Board of Marriage & Family Therapy, Professional Counseling & Social Work obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Social Worker credentialed from the Wisconsin Board of Marriage & Family Therapy, Professional Counseling & Social Work obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. LCSW or APSW preferred
- One or more of the following:
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Case Manager credentialed from the Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC).
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required. Master's degree in Social Work preferred
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement