Job ID: 323916
System Director, Quality
St Louis, Missouri
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
System Director, Quality - Total Quality Management - Full-Time, Days - 4600 Headquarters - St Louis, MO
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2017, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 165,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. Ascension’s Healthcare Division operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 153 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 22 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
The System Quality Director with Ascension will serve to coordinate activities relating to quality, quality measures and quality improvement, across the Ascension Ministry. Will foster partnership with focus on collaboration with strategic focus on Quality. This position will work across the continuum of care including ambulatory, acute and post-acute care, and in collaboration with other patient safety, patient experience and performance improvement professionals.
The System Quality Director:
- Partners closely with the VP of Quality & Clinical Integration to plan and implement quality improvement initiatives across the continuum of care.
- Be responsible for developing, coordinating and implementing quality and performance improvement programs to facilitate collaborative learning throughout Ascension’s ministries.
- Develops and implements systems, policies and procedures for the identification, collection and analysis of quality information.
- Educates and trains the leadership, staff and physicians as to the quality program and their respective responsibilities in carrying out the program. Advises departments on designing quality improvement and patient safety initiatives, policies and protocols within their own departments.
- Supports high reliability training and implementation across the continuum of care.
- Works collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team approach to optimize patient care quality with all responsible stakeholders.
- Investigates and analyzes root causes, patterns and trends that could result in gaps in performance. Assists with identification and implementation of mitigation plans where appropriate.
- Enhances the Ascension’s knowledge of quality improvement and best practices through literature review, interaction with internal & external resources, and knowledge of evolving relevant regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates and oversees quality, performance improvement, and other initiatives within Ascension. Directs, coordinates, and leads change to positive outcomes and improved quality performance, and patient safety culture.
- Develops policies and procedures, gathers reports and organizes materials to ensure compliance with national standard
- Establish dashboard development in support of operating processes to address deficiencies and move metrics in a positive direction.
- Ensures that there are processes in place to monitor, direct and measure all activities related to quality improvement across the continuum of care.
- Understands payer-related value-based purchasing and its impact on quality, hospital ratings, and partners with markets to help improve performance.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Quality Professional.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Healthcare Administration, Public Health, Public Policy or relevant field is required
- Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Healthcare Administration, Public Health, Public Policy or relevant field is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience required; 10 years of experience preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of leadership or management experience required; 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.