Job ID: 323923
System Director, Regulatory
St Louis, Missouri
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
System Director, Regulatory - Total Quality Management - Full-Time, Days - 4600 Headquarters - St Louis, MO
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2017, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 165,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. Ascension’s Healthcare Division operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 153 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 22 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
The System Director, Regulatory with Ascension, will have the opportunity to influence regulatory activities and resources. You’ll play a vital role fostering partnerships with a focus on collaboration and change management as a leader and subject matter expert for Regulatory Survey readiness processes. This person will work closely with all of Ascension’s facilities and staff to ensure that all facilities and clinics are well-prepared for surveys and in compliance.
The System Director, Regulatory will:
- Serve as a leader and subject matter expert for Regulatory Survey processes.
- Be responsible for organizing, managing and facilitating programmatic initiatives to support continuous Joint Commission and other standard compliance and survey readiness.
- Play a vital external role in interacting with, influencing and developing strategies to enhance facilitating programmatic initiatives to support continuous hospital-wide Joint Commission and other standard compliance and survey readiness.
- Be accountable for the overall development, strategic visioning, and operational performance of training programs consistent with organizational needs for survey readiness.
- Collaborate with Advocacy on policy and regulation changes affecting the healthcare industry.
- Develop and ensure consistent practices across entities within the organization while appropriately customizing to each individual entity’s needs.
- Monitor for and communicate changes in federal and state regulations, Joint Commission accreditation standards, and professional practice guidelines to entity leadership and staff.
- Actively engage operations around achieving and maintaining regulatory compliance and accreditation across disciplines, service lines, and reporting environments.
- Serve as a change agent, supporting mock surveys and educational initiatives.
- Work closely with nursing, medical staff, and administrative leaders to ensure that all facility and its satellite clinics are well-prepared for surveys and in compliance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Healthcare Administration, Public Health, Public Policy or relevant field is required
- Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Healthcare Administration, Public Health, Public Policy or relevant field is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience required, 10 years of experience preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of leadership or management experience required, 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.